Mains > Constitution > Indian Constitution > Defections
The congress led government in Puducherry has collapsed on the floor following large scale defection from...
- For mains, questions on a critical evaluation of the Anti defection law and the reforms needed can be asked.
- For Prelims, questions on the features of Anti defection law, Tenth schedule, 52nd amendment and 91st amendment can be asked.
Mains > Social justice > Human Resources > Women and Child issues
The Union Cabinet ushered in some major amendments to the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Childr...
- For Prelims, questions on the constitutional provisions and major features of the Act can be asked. Also, questions on other schemes and policy measures taken for child welfare, especially in health, education and nutrition can be expected.
- For Mains, the content can be used in questions related to child welfare, protection of vulnerable sections etc.
Mains > Industry and infrastructure > Infrastructure & Investment models > Urban transportation
WHY IN NEWS:
World largest electric vehicle company Tesla has officially entered India by registering with the Reg...
- Mains: Questions can be asked on the prospects and challenges of electric mobility in India, initiatives taken in this regard etc.
- Prelims: Questions can be asked on National Electric Mobility Mission Plan, FAME India etc.
Mains > Science and Technology > Space technology > Space organisations & missions
NASA's science rover Perseverance, the most advanced astrobiology laboratory ever sent to another world,...
Mains > Economic Development > Budgeting > Disinvestment
WHY IN NEWS:
Union Budget 2021-22 proposed new strategic disinvestment policy for public sector enterprises and th...
- Mains: Questions can be asked on benefits and concerns of disinvestment policy of India, suggestions to improve the policy etc.
- Prelims: Questions are expected on Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM), National Investment Fund (NIF) etc.
Mains > Economic Development > Indian Economy and issues > NBFCs and other banking
An internal working group set up by the Reserve Bank of India to review ownership structure of private le...
- For Prelims, questions on bank nationalization and various efforts by government to recapitalize banks can be asked.
- For Mains, the content can also be used in questions related to issues and reforms in banking sector
Mains > Industry and infrastructure > Infrastructure & Investment models > Clean energy
WHY IN NEWS:
Union Budget 2021-22 proposed the launch of a National Hydrogen Energy Mission
- Mains: Questions can be asked on prospects and challenges of hydrogen energy generation in India, merits of using hydrogen based fuel etc.
- Prelims: Questions can be asked on hydrogen based fuel cells, it’s significant characteristics etc.
Mains > Science and Technology > IT & Computers > Digital technology
The government's draft bill on cryptocurrencies is likely to bar Indian companies and individuals from us...
- For Prelims, questions on basics of cryptocurrency and various currencies in news can be asked.
- Cryptocurrency is a highly debated topic and can be asked in GS 3 economic development, Science and technology as well as part of internal security.
Mains > Polity > Executive > Criminal justice system
WHY IN NEWS:
Parliamentary Standing Committee on Science and Technology, recently, in a draft report, pointed out ...
- Mains: Questions can be asked on the prospects and challenges of DNA profiling bill, suggestions to improve criminal justice system etc.
- Prelims: Questions can be asked on the rights under Article 19, 20 and 22 of the Constitution
Mains > International relations > International Institutions > Other Institutions
The USA has announced that it will return to the U.N. Human Rights Council (UNHRC) as an observer, after ...
- For Prelims, questions on the features of UN HRC can be asked.
- For mains, direct questions on the structure, mandate and election process of UNHRC can be expected. The content can also be used in questions related to the need to reform the UN.