Mains > Social justice > Government Policies > Legislations
Several arrests were made across the country for alleged betting on Indian Premier League (IPL) matches....
- For Prelims, questions on basic terms like spot fixing and items in the state list may be asked.
- For Mains, questions on betting and social impacts can be asked in GS 1 Society. Legalizing betting can also be asked in GS 2. The content can also be used in questions related to money laundering and internal security in GS 3.
Mains > Constitution > Seperation of Powers > Judicial Activism
The Supreme Court has put in place a 12-member National Task Force (NTF), to facilitate a public health r...
- For Prelims, questions on the various constitutional provision, judicial proclamations in the various cases and their chronology can be asked.
- For Mains, questions on judicial activism and role of judiciary in Indian democracy can be asked in GS 2. The various cases mentioned here can also be used in questions related to flexibility of Indian constitution, women empowerment and protection of human rights.
Mains > Disaster Management > Disaster mitigation > Disaster risk reduction
WHY IN NEWS:
As per India Meteorological Department (IMD) the heat wave conditions in Central India in summer of 2...
- Mains: Questions can be asked on genesis and impact of heat waves, initiatives taken to mitigate heat waves etc.
- Prelims: Questions are expected about Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, World Meteorological Organization
Mains > Science and Technology > IP Rights > International conventions & protocols
The United States has declared its support for a temporary waiver of the Trade-Related Aspects of Intell...
- For Prelims, questions on features of IPR, various types of IP rights, recently awarded GI tags and provisions of TRIPS can be asked.
- For mains, IPR can be asked directly in GS 3. TRIPS can be asked in GS 2 International Relations. The content can also be used in questions related to international institutions such as WTO.
Mains > Disaster Management > Disaster mitigation > Floods
WHY IN NEWS:
In February 2021, Chamoli district in Uttarakhand witnessed flash floods which are suspected to have ...
- Mains: Questions can be asked on features of Glacial Lake Outburst Flood, its causes, NDMA guidelines to manage GLOFs etc
- Prelims: Questions are expected on salient features of Glacial Lake Outburst Flood, National Disaster Response Force etc.
Mains > Social justice > Development Processes & Industry > Reservations
The Supreme Court struck down the Maharashtra State Reservation for Socially and Educationally Backward C...
- For Prelims, questions on various constitutional provisions, cases and commissions related to reservations can be asked.
- For Mains, questions related to reservation can be asked in GS 1 (Society) , GS 2 and GS 3 (inclusive growth). Direct questions can also be asked on the various cases such as Indra Sawhney and M. Nagaraj.
Mains > Security > Development and Extremism > Terrorism
WHY IN NEWS:
At the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), India highlighted the importance a...
- Mains: Questions can be asked on the need and challenges of adopting a Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism
- Prelims: Questions are expected on international groupings such as Organization of Islamic Cooperation, NATO etc.
Mains > Society > Role of women > Women and Child issues
India has slipped 28 places to rank 140th among 156 countries in the World Economic Forum’s Global ...
Mains > Security > Money laundering > Black money
WHY IN NEWS:
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has launched an automated dedicated e-portal on the e-filing web...
- Mains: Questions can be asked on impact on black money on Indian economy, steps taken by government to tackle the menace etc.
- Prelims: Questions are expected on Financial Acton Task Force, Foreign Exchange Management Act, General Anti-avoidance rule etc.
Mains > International relations > India and Neighbours > India-Afghanistan
US President Joe Biden announced that the US will withdraw all its troops from Afghanistan by September 1...
- For Prelims, map based questions on the region can be asked.
- For Mains, questions on India-Afghan relations have a high probability in GS 2. The content can also be used in questions related to India-US, India-Pakistan and India-West Asia relations.