Mains > Social justice > Health > Diseases
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Health & Family Welfare Minister approved the “National Policy for Rare Disea...
- For Prelims, questions on various rare diseases and curative technologies like plasma therapy and gene therapy can be asked.
- For Mains, questions on rare diseases and gene therapy can also be asked in GS 3 under science and technology.
Mains > Social justice > Health > Women and Child issues
Rajya Sabha recently passed the Medical Termination of Pregnancy (Amendment) Bill 2021, which amends the ...
- For Prelims, questions on the salient features of the act and the recent amendments can be asked.
- For Mains, direct questions on the Act and recent amendments can be asked. Also, the content can be used in questions related to women issues and women empowerment in essays, GS 1 and GS 3.
Mains > Post Independence Consolidation > Wars & Emergency > Bangladesh Liberation war
March 2021 marks 50 years of the Bangladesh Liberation War, where Bangladesh, with the support of India, ...
- For Prelims, questions on various events of the war and features such as Vijay diwas can be asked.
- For Mains, besides direct questions in GS 1( Post-independence India), the content can also be used in questions related to evolution of India's foreign policy, India's role in South Asia etc.
Mains > Industry and infrastructure > Food processing > Food processing
WHY IN NEWS:
The Union Cabinet on 30th March 2021 approved a production-linked incentive scheme for the food proce...
- Mains: Questions are expected on the significance and challenges of food processing sector, steps taken to improve the sector etc.
- Prelims: Questions can be asked on the provisions of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana etc.
Mains > International relations > India and Neighbours > India-Bangladesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Bangladesh to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the war of liberat...
- For Prelims, questions on map based questions and recent India-Bangladesh initiatives can be asked.
- For Mains, direct question on India's role in Liberation war, India-Bangladesh border management, refugee crisis and water diplomacy can be asked. The content can also be used in questions related to internal security and border area management.
Mains > Constitution > Indian Constitution > Legislations
WHY IN NEWS:
A petition was filed in Supreme Court against framing a uniform civil law, as it take away the fundam...
- Mains: Questions can be asked on the need of uniform civil code, challenges associated with its implementation, merits of uniform civil code etc.
- Prelims: Questions are expected on the provisions of Article 44 of the Constitution
Mains > International relations > India and Global Regions > Maritime security
The Suez Canal has been blocked after a large cargo ship ran aground while passing through it, bringing ...
- For Prelims, map based questions on the countries surrounding the canal, Mediterranean sea and Red sea has been frequently asked and they can be asked again in the upcoming exams.
- For Mains, questions related to Suez canal can be asked in GS 1 World history, GS 2 international relations and GS 3 Indian economy and issues affecting it.
Mains > International relations > Strategic Groupings > International groupings
WHY IN NEWS:
NATO leaders to discuss on formal offer of partnership to India in their next summit meeting in 2021
- Mains: Questions can be asked on structure and functioning of NATO, benefits of partnering with NATO, challenges associated with it etc.
- Prelims: Questions are expected on the origin and structure of NATO, important member states etc.
Mains > Environment & Ecology > Pollution > Hazardous waste
The central government recently announced the long-awaited vehicle scrappage policy.
- For Prelims, features of the policy may be asked.
- For Mains, the content can be used in questions related to India's efforts to boost the post-pandemic economy, tackle climate change and air pollution etc.
Mains > Economic Development > Indian Economy and issues > External sector
WHY IN NEWS:
The government has readied a draft district-wise export promotion plan for 451 districts in the count...
- Mains: Questions can be asked on the steps taken to boost export sector, challenges associated with the sector etc.
- Prelims: Questions are expected on Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS) Services Exports from India Scheme (SEIS) etc.