Governance > e-Governance > Applications
Why in news?
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launched E-Chhawani portal and mobile app in New Delhi.
About the portal:
- The portal has been created to provide online civic services to over 20 lakh residents of 62 Cantonment Boards across the country.
- Through the portal, the residents of cantonment areas will be able to avail basic services like renewal of leases, application for birth & death certificates, water & sewerage connections, trade licences, mobile toilet locators and payment of different types of taxes and fees, with just a click of a button.
- The portal, jointly developed by eGov Foundation, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Directorate General Defence Estates (DGDE) and National Informatics Centre (NIC), provides a platform to the residents to avail these services from the comfort of their home.
- E-Chhawani project encompasses 62 independent portals into one single portal.
- The portal will ensure effectiveness and transparency of the services distribution system of the Cantonment Boards and provide time-bound solutions to the residents.
” E-Chhawani” project is related to:
(a)Online consultation for people seeking Ayush Treatment
(b)Online auctions for scrapped government vehicles
(c)Basic services for residents of cantonment boards
(d)Land records digitalisation for residents in sixth schedule areas
Answer to Prelims Question