Energy Transition index
Miscellaneous > Reports and indices > Reports and indices
Why in news?
- Energy transition index has been published.
About Energy Transition index:
- It is published by World Economic Forum (WEF).
- India has been ranked at the 87th position among 115 countries in the Energy Transition Index (ETI).
- It tracks nations on the current performance of their energy systems across various aspects, according to a World Economic Forum (WEF) report released on Wednesday. The report, prepared in collaboration with Accenture, also draws on insights from ETI.
- Sweden leads the list of 115 countries while China is at 68th position.
- The index benchmarks 115 countries on the current performance of their energy systems across three dimensions -- economic development and growth, environmental sustainability, and energy security and access indicators -- and their readiness to transition to secure, sustainable, affordable, and inclusive energy systems.
Energy Transition index is published by:
(a)International Energy association
(b)World Economic Forum
(c)International Solar Association
(d)UN Environment Program
Answer to Prelims question