India and Bangladesh border
Geography > Miscellaneous > India-Bangladesh
Why in News?
- BSF resumes 'Beating Retreat' at India-Bangladesh border after more than 10 months
About India and Bangladesh border
- Bangladesh and India share a 4,156-kilometre-long international border, the fifth-longest land border in the world.
- This includes 262 km in Assam, 856 km in Tripura, 180 km in Mizoram, 443 km in Meghalaya, and 2,217 km in West Bengal.
- It is based on Radcliffe Line that was published on 17 August 1947 as a boundary demarcation line between India and Pakistan upon the partition of India.
- India is constructing the India–Bangladesh barrier, a 3,406-kilometre (2,116 mi) fence of barbed wire and concrete just under 3 metres (9.8 ft) high, to prevent smuggling of narcotics.
India-Bangladesh border through which of the following states?
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a)1 and 2 only
(b)1 and 3 only
(c)1,2 and 4 only
(d)1,2,3 and 4
Answer to Prelims Question