Notre Dame Global Adaptation Index
Environment and Ecology > Miscellaneous > Reports and indices
About the index:
- Notre Dame Global Adaptation Index is a program of the University of Notre Dame’s Environmental Change Initiative.
- The Notre Dame Global Adaptation Index, or ND-GAIN, ranks the climate adaptation performance for 177 countries over the last 17 years.
- One of ND-GAIN’s goals is to assist decision-makers in the public and private sectors to gain a better understanding of the climate adaptation.
- Metrics can help decision makers identify and prioritize adaptation measures to allocate investment most effectively and build resilience to climate change.
- It uses parameters related to vulnerability and readiness measures such as water availability, food security and education level.
- Norway, New Zealand and Finland are the top most countries while Somalia, Central African republic and Chad make up the bottom.
- India is ranked 122, China at 61, Sri Lanka at 103, Pakistan at 152 and Bangladesh at 162.
Consider the following statements regarding Notre Dame Global Adaptation index:
1.It ranks countries based on Climate change adaptation.
2.India is ranked among the top 10 countries in the index.
Choose the correct statements from the codes given below:
(c)Both 1 and 2
(d)Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to Prelims question