Environment and Ecology > Miscellaneous > Urban development
Why in news?
- An integrated Solar Dryer and Pyrolysis pilot plant was inaugurated in at Chennai under Project Pyrasol.
About the project:
- Project ‘Pyrasol’ has been launched to reduce the problem of urban organic waste processing in smart cities.
- The project focuses on managing and organising collection, treatment, and disposal systems of urban wastes in Indian Smart Cities as well as in other urban centres with an integrated and interactive approach.
- A Solar Dryer and Pyrolysis pilot plant will convert urban organic waste into biochar and energy.
- It is being executed with cooperation of Germany and is overseen by the Indo-German Science & Technology Centre.
- Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC) was established by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India & Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Govt. of Germany to facilitate Indo-German R&D networking with emphasis on industry participation, applied research and technology development.
Project “Pyrasol”, recently in news is related to:
(a)Steel Industry modernisation
(b)Urban waste management
(c)Oil Pollution Treatment
Answer to Prelims question