Governance > e-Governance > Land reforms
Why in news?
- PM has launched distribution of e-property cards under SWAMITVA scheme.
About the scheme:
- SVAMITVA is a scheme for surveying the land parcels in rural inhabited area using drone technology and Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS).
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- The survey will be done across the country in a phase-wise manner over a period of four years - from 2020 to 2024.
- This would provide the ‘record of rights’ to village household owners possessing houses in inhabited rural areas in villages which, in turn, would enable them to use their property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits from Bank
- The scheme will lead to creation of accurate land records for rural planning and determination of property tax.
Consider the following statements regarding the SVAMITVA scheme:
1.It is a land survey scheme using drones.
2.It is an initiative by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj
Choose the correct statements from the codes given below:
(c)Both 1 and 2
(d)Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to Prelims question