Science and Technology > Miscellaneous > COVID 19
Why in news?
- A breath test designed to detect Covid-19 and give accurate results within a minute has been approved for use in Singapore.
About the test:
- The test was developed by National University of Singapore based startup Breathonix.
- It works much like a standard breathalyzer test; a person blows into a one-way valve mouthpiece, and compounds in the person’s breath are compared by machine learning software against the sort of breath signature that would be expected from someone who is Covid-positive.
- Singapore will screen incoming travelers from Malaysia at the Tuas Checkpoint on the western side of the island in a deployment trial of the breathalyzers.
- Anyone who tests positive in the breath test would be screened in a confirmatory PCR swab test.
- The Breathonix test has so far undergone three clinical trials, and has achieved a sensitivity of 93 per cent and specificity of 95 per cent in one.
Consider the following statements regarding Sardar Sarovar Dam:
1.It is built on river Narmada in the state of Gujarat.
2.The waters of the dam is used solely for irrigation of arid areas in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Choose the correct statements from the codes given below:
(c)Both 1 and 2
(d)Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to Prelims question