Fit India Movement
Social Justice > Health > Health
Why in news?
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports announces free registration for 2 lakh school students for Fit India Quiz.
About Fit India Movement:
- Fit India Movement was launched on 29th August, 2019 under Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, to make fitness an integral part of our daily lives.
- The mission of the Movement is to bring about behavioural changes and move towards a more physically active lifestyle.
- To promote fitness as easy, fun and free
- To spread awareness on fitness and various physical activities that promote fitness through focused campaigns
- To encourage indigenous sports
- To make fitness reach every school, college/university, panchayat/village, etc.
- To create a platform for citizens of India to share information, drive awareness and encourage sharing of personal fitness stories
Which of the following are the purposes of Fit India Movement?
1. To encourage indigenous sports
2. To spread awareness on fitness and various physical activities
3. To promote vegetarianism
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 2 only
(d) 1,2 and 3