Science and Technology > Space technology > Space organisations & missions
- Creation IN-SPA Cewas cleared by the Union Cabinet as part of reforms in the sector that is growing fast in the world.
- IN-SPACe is newly-announced body under the Department of Space.
- IN-SPACe is the acronym for Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre.
- It will be the nodal national entity to drive building of satellites, rockets, or launch services through Indian industry.
- The new vertical with its own chairman and board will function autonomously and parallel to ISRO.
- It will be powerful enough to promote and regulate all space-related activities of private industries.
- ISRO and its centres will focus on developing advanced technologies, human space flights, and the like. It will share its technical expertise with IN-SPACe.
- IN-SPACe will be in place in three to six months. Meanwhile DoS will immediately start receiving and processing applications from private sector industries.
- The year-old NSIL NewSpace India Ltd will have a larger role and be the industry front of IN-SPACe.
Q. Consider the following statements regarding the recently constituted “IN-SPACe”
- It will function under the control of ISRO.
- It aims at involvement of Private sector in space development.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to Prelims question