Integrated market surveillance system
Economic Development > Indian Economy and Issues > Regulatory bodies
- Tata Consultancy Services and two other vendors have been shortlisted for implementation of Integrated Market Surveillance System, according to an RBI document.
About the system:
- RBI has proposed to implement a robust Integrated Market Surveillance System for augmenting its surveillance capacities.
- As per the EOI, the major requirements for IMSS include capability to identify market abuse and generate alerts by processing large number of data points across products and markets.
- IMSS will also be able to:
- Track market developments and monitor macroeconomic parameters
- Have a dashboard to focus on specific products or markets
- Market surveillance for products ensures that products on the market conform to applicable laws and regulations.
- This helps foster trust from consumers buying products or financial services.
Integrated market surveillance system is a proposed market surveilance system by:
Answer to prelims question