Geography > Economic geography > infrastructure
Why in news
- One of twin tunnels at Kuthiran on Thrissur-Palakkad NH stretch opened for traffic
About Kuthiran Tunnel:
- It is a twin-tube tunnel at Kuthiran in Thrissur District of Kerala.
- It is located on National Highway 544, owned and operated by National Highways Authority of India.
- It is Kerala's first-ever tunnel for road transport and South India’s Longest 6-lane road tunnel
- It passes through Kuthiran Hills, situated in the western part of Anaimalai Hills.
- The tunnel is 1.6 km long and runs through the Peechi-Vazhani wildlife sanctuary
- The objective of this road tunnel is to improve connectivity between important ports and towns while protecting wildlife.
Kuthiran Tunnel, recently seen in news, is located in which of the following state in India?
(c) Himachal Pradesh