National Economic Census
Economic Development > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous
Why in news?
- The Centre has blamed the States for a prolonged delay in releasing the findings of the Seventh Economic Census, a critical compendium of formal and informal non-farm enterprises operating across the country, in a submission to the Parliament’s Standing Committee on Finance.
About National Economic Census:
- Conducted every five years as a central sector scheme
- Economic Survey also captures the employment creation by each firm, their ownership pattern and sources of finance at a granular level, was last carried out in 2013-14
- The Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI) has tied up with Common Service Centre (CSC), an SPV under Ministry of Electronics and IT, to carry out the 7th National Economic Census.
- Total Six Economic Censuses (EC) has been conducted till date.
- In 1977 CSO conducted First economic census in collaboration with the Directorate of Economics & Statistics (DES) in the States/UTs.
- The Sixth edition of the Economic Census was conducted in 2013.
Consider the following statements ‘National Economic Census’:
1. It is conducted every five years as a central sector scheme
2. It is implemented by Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2