Nationally Determined Contributions -Transport Initiative for Asia
2020 AUG 28
Environment and Ecology > Global warming > Urban transportation
Why in news?
- NITI Aayog has launched india component of NDC-TIA.
- NDC-TIA is short for Nationally Determined Contributions -Transport Initiative for Asia.
- The aim of the program is to promote a comprehensive approach to decarbonize transport in India, Vietnam, and China.
- NDC–TIA is a joint programme, supported by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Ministry for the Environment.
- It is implemented by a consortium of seven organisations:
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
- World Resources Institute (WRI)
- International Transport Forum (ITF)
- Agora Verkehrswende (AGORA)
- Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT) Foundation
- Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century e.V. (REN21)
- The India Component is implemented by six consortium organisations, all except SLoCaT along with NITI Aayog, on behalf of the Government of India.
- The NDC-TIA programme has a duration of 4 years.
- It will allow India and other partner countries to achieve accountable long-term targets by making a sectoral contribution through various interventions.
- It will contribute towards achieving their NDCs.
- It will help establish a multi-stakeholder dialogue platform for decarbonizing transport in India, strengthening Greenhouse Gas (GHG) and transport modelling capacities.
- It will provide technical support on GHG emission reduction measures while also financing climate actions in transport.
Nationally Determined Contributions -Transport Initiative for Asia, a program to reduce Green house gas emissions is focused on which of the following countries:
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a)1 and 3 only
(b)1,2 and 4 only
(c)2 and 4 only
(d)1,2,3 and 4
Answer to prelims question