New Space India Limited (NSIL)
Science and Technology > Space technology > Space organisations & missions
- A Public Sector Enterprise viz. New Space India Limited (NSIL) has been incorporated as a new commercial arm of Department of Space.
- It will tap the benefits of the Research & Development carried out by ISRO.
- The Company will spearhead commercialization of various space products including production of launch vehicles, transfer to technologies and marketing of space products.
- As per the scheme of things, NSIL will obtain the license from Department of Space/ISRO and sub-license to industries for manufacturing of various products.
Q. Consider the following statements regarding ‘New space India limited’:
- It will aim at commercialization of various space products developed by ISRO
- It will function under the overall control of department of science and technology
Which of the statements given above is/are correct:
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to Prelims question