Pinaka Rocket System
Security > Border area management > Missile defence systems
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh cleared a proposal to acquire more Pinaka rocket systems for the army.
ON PINAKA ROCKET SYSTEM:
- It is a multiple rocket launcher produced for the Indian Army.
- The launcher is capable of operating in autonomous, stand- alone, remote and manual modes.
- The system is capable of carrying a 100 kg payload with a maximum range of 40 km for Mark-I and 75 km for Mark-II.
Development and production by:
- DRDO, Armament Research and Development Establishment (Pune) and High Energy Material Research Laboratory (Pune).
Q. Consider the following statements regarding Pinaka rocket launchers:
- It can destroy targets between 200-250 km range.
- It has been developed by DRDO.
Which among the above statements is/are correct:
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to Prelims question