International Relations > Miscellaneous > International conventions
Why in news?
- The Prime Minister of India has inaugurated the seventh edition of the Raisina Dialogue 2022.
What is Raisina Dialogue?
- The Raisina Dialogue is an annual conference of India on geopolitics and geoeconomics.
- It addresses issues facing the global community. It takes its name from Raisina Hill, the seat of the Indian government.
- Since its inception in 2016, the Raisina Dialogue has emerged as a leading global conference on international affairs featuring the participation of heads of state, ministers, journalists, academics and researchers.
- Observer Research Foundation in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
- The dialogue helps in finding ways to move toward a global order that is inclusive and rules-based.
- It serves as an opportunity to discuss the big ideas defining the emerging global realities.
- The dialogue is a platform that brings together India’s friends and partners seeking common ground.
With reference to Raisina Dialogue, recently seen in news, consider the following statements:
1. It is a global conference on international affairs
2. It is hosted by United Nations Security Council
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2