2023 APR 27
Social Justice > Education > Research & Advanced studies
Why in news?
- The Union Minister of Science and Technology has launched the SUPREME initiative.
About SUPREME Initiative:
- SUPREME stands for ‘Support for Up-gradation Preventive Repair and Maintenance of Equipment’.
- It is an initiative to provide financial support to analytical instrumentation facilities (AIFs).
- SUPREME aims to extend financial support for repair, upgradation, maintenance, retrofitting, or acquiring additional attachments to increase the functional capabilities of existing analytical instrumentation facilities.
- Different facilities created under the projects/ Analytical instrumentation facilities (AIFs) with the support of DST (Department of Science and Technology) only will be considered for funding support under this Scheme.
- UGC recognized Central Universities, State Funded Universities, Deemed Universities and Private Universities are also eligible to apply under this scheme.
- The duration of support will be for a period not exceeding 3 years.
- The funding pattern in the scheme would be 75:25 for all private and government-owned institutions (except for state-funded institutions for which 100% funding would be considered).
‘SUPREME’ an initiative of the Government of India, aims at:
(a) Providing affordable and quality education to the citizens for free
(b) Providing financial support to analytical instrumentation facilities
(c) Promoting the Self Help Groups in rural areas
(d) Promoting the education and health of adolescent girls