Science and Technology > Miscellaneous > COVID 19
About Vajra Kavach:
- It is disinfection system developed by Mumbai-based start-up Indra Water.
- It removes the viral particles including that of the Covid-19 disease-causing SARS-Cov-2 virus from PPEs, N95 masks, coats, gloves and gowns and other such equipment used by Front line workers.
- The product not only protects healthworkers, but the environment too, by helping reduce biomedical waste generation.
- What makes ‘Vajra Kavach’ even more useful is that the disinfection is done in just a few minutes.
- The system is being manufactured at Indra Water’s factory at Bhiwandi in Mumbai, from where it is delivered to hospitals.
- The validation and testing of the system was done by the Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering at IIT Bombay.
- He further explained that the system employs a multistage disinfection process consisting of advanced oxidation, corona discharge and UV-C light spectrum to inactivate the viruses, bacteria, and other microbial strains present on the PPE, achieving more than 99.999% efficiency.
Vajra Kavach, recently in news is a:
(a)Armoured carrier vehicle for defence forces
(b)A Disinfectant system
(c)A coastal radar network system
(d)None of all
Answer to Prelims question