Industry and Infrastructure > Miscellaneous > Railways
About Tejas express:
- Tejas Express is India's first semi-high speed fully air-conditioned train introduced by Indian Railways.
- In 2019, Tejas express in Lucknow – New Delhi route became India's first train operated by private operators.
- These trains are among the fastest trains in India along with Rajdhani Express, Gatimaan Express etc
- The trains have features like energy-efficient LED lights, adjustable head-rests, bio-vacuum toilets, water level indicators, integrated braille displays, LED TV for each passenger with phone sockets, Wi-Fi, tea & coffee vending machines etc.
- The trains are manufactured at Integral Coach Factory, Chennai and manufactured at Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala.
Other Train models in news:
- About Train 18:
- Driven by a self-propulsion module rather than a separate locomotive, it is also known as the country’s first engine-less train and was designed and built by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) at Perambur, Chennai
- It is capable of running at a speed of up to 160 kmph and service operated using Train 18 was named Vande Bharat Express.
- Gatimaan Express:
- Gatimaan Express is India's first semi-high-speed train that runs between Delhi and Jhansi.
- The train has train hostesses for service, similar to airlines and the passengers get access to free Wi-Fi and multimedia content.
Consider the following statements regarding Tejas express:
1.They are first semi-high speed fully air-conditioned train.
2.They are manufactured at Integral Coach Factory, Chennai.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(c)Both 1 and 2
(d)Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to Prelims Question