Mains > International relations > India and Global Regions > India-China
Recent studies consider India and Vietnam as attractive alternatives for China plus one strategy.
CHINA PLUS ONE STRATEGY:
Coined back in 2013, it is a global business strategy in which companie...
- For Mains, questions on the topic can be asked in GS 3 (Economic development) and GS 2 (International relations). The content can also be used in questions related to infrastructure and investment.
- For Prelims, questions on various government measures and reports/indices can be asked.
Mains > Environment & Ecology > Pollution > Protected Area
Recently, the district administration of Ladakh designated six hamlets within the Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary a “dark sky reserve”, an area whose skies were free of light pollution.
As the ...
- For mains, harmful impacts of light pollutions and solutions to combat the light pollution can be expected.
- For prelims, questions can be expected on International Dark Sky Association (IDSA), dark sky reserves, Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary etc.
Mains > Science and Technology > Energy > Renewable energy
India’s financial sector is highly exposed to the risks of the economy transitioning from being largely dependent on fossil fuel to clean energy, says a study in the Global Environmental Change journ...
- For Prelims, questions on various schemes and policies, newly opened renewable power plants in news etc. can be asked.
- For Mains, questions on renewable energy can be asked in GS 3. The content can also be asked in questions related to sustainable development, environmental conservation and climate change.
Mains > Economic Development > Indian Economy and issues > Information technology
Several technology companies, including giants like Google-parent Alphabet, Amazon, Microsoft, and Facebook-owner Meta, laid off more than 1,50,000 employees in 2022 and over 40,000 in January of this year...
- For Mains, questions on layoff and employment can be asked in GS 3 (Economic development)
- For Prelims, questions on the impact of inflation, Phillips curve, government initiatives associated with skilling and promoting ease of doing business can be asked.
- Extra reading: Ease of doing business in Indiahttps://www.ilearncana.com/details/EASE-OF-DOING-BUSINESS-IN-INDIA/688
Mains > Constitution > Indian Constitution > Features of constitution
As India marks the completion of 74 years of constitutional functioning, constitutional morality has phenomenally shaped the trajectory of Indian democracy.
WHAT IS CONSTITUTIONAL MORALITY?
- For mains, question can be asked to explain the doctrine of constitutional morality with judgements associated with it, also, criticisms of the doctrine can be asked.
- For prelims, questions can be expected on preamble, fundamental rights and duties, doctrine of separation of powers etc.
Mains > Economic Development > Indian Economy and issues > Agri productivity
In a recently published news article, Bibek Debroy, chairman of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, has argued for taxing farmers’ income.
During the colonial p...
- For Mains, questions on taxing agriculture can be asked in GS 3. The content can also be used in questions related to reforms in agriculture.
- For Prelims, questions on the basics of taxation and various provisions related with taxation in India may be asked.
Mains > Science and Technology > Digital Technology > Industry 4.0
WHY IN NEWS?
The World Economic Forum (WEF) recently chose Hyderabad as the location for its Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (C4IR), which will focus on healthcare and life sciences.
- For Mains, questions on the basics of IR 4.0, its potential benefits and impacts on India etc can be asked in GS 3. IR 4.0 is also a possible essay topic.
- For Prelims, questions on basics of IR 4.0, additve manufacturing, CPS and features of various government initiatives can be asked.
Mains > International relations > India and Global Regions > Non cooperation movement
India and Egypt decided to elevate their ties to the level of strategic partnership with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi vowing to expand ties in areas of ...
- For Mains, questions on India-Egypt relations, significance of Suez Canal, NAM etc. can be asked in GS 2 (International relations) and GS 1 (World history).
- For Prelims, map questions on the region can be asked.
- Extra reading: Non-Alignment Movement: https://www.ilearncana.com/details/Non-Alignment-Movement/280
Mains > Geography > Resource geography > Dams and reservoirs
The discussions regarding the role of the Tapovan-Vishnugad Hydropower Project in the Joshimath land subsidence, the issue of Mullaperiyar Dam, etc. revived the debate on the benefits and threats associate...
- For Mains, questions can be asked on prospects and challenges associated with hydropower projects in the country.
- For Prelims, questions can be expected on location of dams and reservoirs in India and major rivers on which they are located.
Mains > Economic Development > Budgeting > Centre-State Finance
The Gross fiscal deficit (GFD) of states is budgeted to narrow to 3.4% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2022-23 from 4.1% in 2020-21, as per Reserve Bank of India’s report titled ‘State Finan...
- For Mains, questions on fiscal consolidation, critical analysis of FRBM Act etc. can be asked in GS 3 (Economic development)
- For Prelims, questions on the basics of economics (FD, RD etc.), FRBM Act etc can be asked.