Science and Technology > Innovation and New technologies > Innovation and New technologies
Why in news?
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science or IISc have developed an analogue chipset called ARYABHAT-1.
- ARYABHAT-1 stands for Analog Reconfigurable Technology and Bias-scalable Hardware for AI Tasks.
- It is an analog chipset that will allow Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning apps to perform much better and faster.
- This chipset is especially helpful for AI-based applications which deal with object or speech recognition systems, like Alexa or Siri.
- They are also very useful in operations that require massive parallel computing at high speeds.
- Most computing devices, be it cellphones, laptops or desktop computers use digital chips because the design process is simple and easily scalable.
- However, the advantage of analogue is huge. For instance, in applications that don’t require precise calculations, analogue computing has the potential to outperform digital computing as the former is more energy-efficient.
Consider the following statements regarding ‘ARYABHAT-1’:
1. It will use less power as compared to digital processors used in different electronic gadgets.
2. It is developed by IISc researchers
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2