Birth Statistics of India
Miscellaneous > Reports and indices > Women and Child issues
Why in news?
- A report on “Vital statistics of India based on the Civil Registration System” has been published.
About the report’s findings:
- “Vital statistics of India based on the Civil Registration System” is published by the Registrar-General of India.
- Arunachal Pradesh recorded 1,084 females born per thousand males, followed by Nagaland (965) Mizoram (964).
- Among Large states, Kerala (963) and Karnataka (957) is at the top.
- The worst was reported in Manipur (757), Lakshadweep (839) and Daman & Diu (877), Punjab (896) and Gujarat (897).
- Delhi recorded a sex ratio of 929, Haryana 914 and Jammu and Kashmir 952.
- Information from six States namely Bihar, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal is not available in the report.
- The number of registered births increased to 2.33 crore in 2018 from 2.21 crore registered births the previous year
Consider the following statements based on 2011 census:
1.Urban female sex ratio was more than rural sex ratio in India.
2.Kerala was the State with Highest Female Sex Ratio.
Which among the above statements is/are correct?
(c)Both 1 and 2
(d)Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to prelims question