Crime Multi Agency Centre (Cri-MAC) Portal
2022 AUG 17
Security > Miscellaneous > Criminal justice system
Why in news?
- At least seven States and one Union Territory have not uploaded a single alert on the Crime Multi Agency Centre (Cri-MAC) portal since it was launched in March 2020.
About Crime Multi Agency Centre (Cri-MAC) Portal:
- Launched by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- It aims to share information on crime and criminals 24×7 with various law enforcement agencies and ensure a seamless flow of information among them.
- The application is run by the National Crime Records Bureau(NCRB).
Significance of the portal:
- Cri-MAC facilitates the dissemination of information about significant crimes including human trafficking across the country on a real-time basis and enables inter-State coordination.
- This can help in locating and identifying the trafficked victims as also in the prevention, detection and investigation of crime.
Crime Multi Agency Centre (Cri-MAC) Portal, which aims to share information on crime and criminals with various law enforcement agencies, is launched under which ministry?
(a) Ministry of Defence
(b) Ministry of Communications
(c) Ministry of Home Affairs
(d) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology