FASTER Digital Platform
Polity > Judiciary > Governance
Why in news?
- Recently, Chief Justice of India (CJI) launched the digital platform FASTER (Fast and Secured Transmission of Electronic Records).
About FASTER Digital Platform:
- FASTER is a digital platform to communicate interim orders, stay orders, bail orders etc., of the Supreme Court to authorities concerned through a secured electronic communication channel.
- The FASTER system is developed on war footing by the Registry in collaboration with the National Informatics Center.
- To reach all districts of India through this system, so far 73 nodal officers have been nominated at various levels. All nodal officers have been connected through a specific Judicial Communication Network (JCN) by creating a secured pathway.
- A FASTER cell has been established in the Registry of the Supreme Court.
- There have been cases where jail inmates are not released despite bail orders passed by the Supreme Court due to delay in communication of such orders.
- So, it was needed to utilise information and communication technology tools for efficient transmission of court’s orders.
- FASTER would aid the cause of quick and effortless justice.
- The timely delivery of the court’s orders to the authorities would also prevent unnecessary arrests and custody of people who have already been granted anticipatory bail.
- For smooth transmission of court’s orders and effective implementation of Article 21, Right to Life, such a system was the need of the hour.
Which of the following is purpose of recently launched FASTER Digital Platform?
(a) To help MSMEs in capturing new opportunities
(b) To empower local government authorities to increase urban governance services
(c) To communicate orders of the Supreme Court to authorities concerned
(d) To improve the convenience of doing business in the broadcast industry