Science and Technology > Space technology > Space organisations & missions
Why in news?
- The launch of Stardust 1.0 became the first commercial space launch in the global history that was run by biofuel.
About Stardust 1.0:
- Stardust 1.0 is a launch vehicle suited for student and budget payloads.
- The rocket is 20 feet tall and has a mass of roughly 250 kg.
- The rocket can carry a maximum payload mass of 8 kg and during its first launch carried three payloads.
- The rocket is manufactured by bluShift, an aerospace company based in Maine that is developing rockets that are powered by bio-derived fuels.
- These rockets will help to launch small satellites called cubesats into space in a way that is relatively cheaper than using traditional rocket fuel and is less toxic for the environment.
Consider the following names:
Which of the names given above are Private Space flight companies?
(a)1 and 2 only
(b)2 and 3 only
(d)1,2 and 3
Answer to Prelims Question