Blue nature alliance
2021 APR 24
Environment and Ecology > Miscellaneous > Oceanography
Why in news?
- Blue nature alliance has been launched.
About the alliance:
- The Blue Nature Alliance is an ambitious global partnership that collaborates with governments, NGOs, Indigenous peoples, and scientists to advance effective large-scale ocean conservation.
- It was founded and led by Conservation International, The Pew Charitable Trusts, The Global Environment Facility, Minderoo Foundation, and the Rob & Melani Walton Foundation
- The Blue Nature Alliance engages locally in new and existing ocean conservation areas.
- These efforts build on the momentum required to achieve the global target of conserving at least 30% of the ocean by 2030.
- And sustainably managing the rest to safeguard the ocean’s biodiversity, build resilience to climate change, and enhance the function and connectivity of the ecosystem.
- To help achieve that goal, the Alliance aims to catalyze 18 million square kilometres (7 million square miles) of the ocean conservation over five years.
Consider the following statements regarding Blue Nature alliance:
1.Its primary objective is to conserve world’s oceans.
2.It is led by UN environment program.
Choose the correct statements from the codes given below:
(c)Both 1 and 2
(d)Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to Prelims question