2020 JUL 7
Science and Technology > Energy > Urban transportation
- Industry body FICCI recently recommended various measures, including the continuation of the FAME -II scheme till 2025, to enhance demand for electric vehicles.
ABOUT FAME INDIA Phase II:
- The main objective of the scheme is to encourage Faster adoption of Electric and hybrid vehicle by way of offering upfront Incentive on purchase of Electric vehicles.
- The government has announced an outlay of Rs. 10,000 crore for Phase 2 of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, or FAME 2 scheme.
- It will also aim to establish a necessary charging Infrastructure for electric vehicles.
- To encourage advance technologies, the benefits of incentives, will be extended to only those vehicles which are fitted with advance battery like a Lithium Ion battery and other new technology batteries.
- The scheme proposes for establishment of charging infrastructure, whereby about 2700 charging stations will be established in metros, other million plus cities, smart cities and cities of Hilly states across the country so that there will be availability of at least one charging station in a grid of 3 km x 3 km.
Q. Consider the following statements regarding FAME-2 scheme:
- Under the scheme, benefits will be extended to both Electric and Hybrid vehicles.
- It has been allocated an outlay of Rs.60,000 crore for implementation.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Answer to Prelims question