Green House Bulletin
2022 OCT 26
Environment and Ecology > Global warming > Climate change
Why in news?
- As per Green House Bulletin 2022, atmospheric levels of the three main greenhouse gases – carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide have reached new record highs in 2022.
About Green House Bulletin:
- The Greenhouse Gas Bulletin represents the latest analysis of observations from the Global Atmosphere Watch (GAW) Programme of WMO.
- Greenhouse Gas Bulletin Report shows the average surface mole fractions for carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O) and compares them with the mole fractions during the previous year and with the preindustrial levels.
- Greenhouse Gas Bulletin 2022 also provides change in radiative forcing by long-lived GHGs (LLGHGs) and the contribution of individual gases to this increase.
- Radiative forcing is a condition that occurs when the amount of energy that enters the Earth’s atmosphere is different from the amount of energy that leaves it.
- The concept is used to quantify and compare the external drivers of change to Earth’s energy balance.
Which of the following atmospheric gases are analyzed under Green House Bulletin?
1. Carbon dioxide
3. Nitrous oxide
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 3 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 1,2 and 3