Geography > Places in news > Places in news
Why in news?
- After a case of wild polio was discovered in a child, Malawi announced a wild polio outbreak, the first of its kind in Africa in more than five years.
- In the year 2020, the continent was declared free of all kinds of wild polio.
- It is a landlocked country in southeast Africa that was formerly known as Nyasaland.
- It is bordered by Zambia to the northwest, Tanzania to the northeast, and Mozambique to the east, south, and west.
Lake Nyasa/Lake Malawi
- It is third largest of the Eastern Rift Valley lakes of East Africa, which lies in a deep trough mainly within Malawi.
Consider the following pairs:
1. Lake Nyasa : Africa
2. Lake Huron : North America
3. Lake Titicaca : South America
Which of the pairs given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1,2 and 3