Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojna(PMAAGY)
Social Justice > Miscellaneous > Tribal affairs
Why in news?
- The Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs is now working to develop 36,428 villages with at least 50% tribal population and 500 STs across the country into ‘model tribal’ villages.
- These efforts were part of the existing Special Central Assistance to Tribal Sub-Scheme (SCA to TSS) which has now been renamed to the Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojna (PMAAGY).
About Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojna(PMAAGY):
- PMAAGY under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs aims to mitigate gaps and provide basic infrastructure in villages with the significant tribal populations in convergence with funds available under different schemes in Central Scheduled Tribe Component.
- The scheme is envisaged to cover 36,428 villages having at least 50% ST population and 500 STs across States / UTs with notified STs during the period.
- The objective of this scheme is to achieve integrated socio-economic development of selected villages through a convergence approach.
- Preparing Village Development Plan based on the needs, potential, and aspirations
- Maximizing the coverage of individual/family benefit schemes of the Central/State Governments
- Improving the infrastructure in vital sectors like health, education, connectivity and livelihood.
Consider the following statements regarding Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojna(PMAAGY):
1. It aims at transforming villages with significant tribal population into model village
2.It is implemented by Ministry of Rural Development
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2