Pradhan Mantri Virasat Ka Samvardhan Scheme
2022 DEC 16
Social Justice > Welfare Schemes > Government Schemes
Why in news?
- The Minister of Minority Affairs has informed that the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Ko Kaam Karyakram (PMKKK) has now been named as Pradhan Mantri Virasat Ka Samvardhan (PM VIKAS) Scheme.
About PM VIKAS Scheme:
- It aims to improve livelihoods of the minorities, particularly the artisan communities, using the components of skill development, education, women leadership & entrepreneurship.
- It is a Central Sector Scheme under the Ministry of Minority Affairs
- The scheme combines ??five (5) existing schemes of the Ministry of Minority Affairs under this: Seekho aur Kamao, USTTAD, Hamari Dharohar, Nai Roshni and Nai Manzil.
Four components of the scheme:
- 1) Skilling and Training
- 2) Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- 3) Education and
- 4) Infrastructure Development.
- These components complement each other in the ultimate objective of the scheme to increase the incomes of the beneficiaries and provide support by facilitating credit and market linkages.
With reference to ‘PM VIKAS Scheme’, consider the following statements:
1. It is a Central Sector Scheme under the Ministry of Minority Affairs
2. It aims to improve livelihoods of the minorities through skill development
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2