Export Preparedness Index (EPI)
2023 JUL 15
Economic Development > Indian Economy and Issues > External sector
Why in news?
- The 3rd edition of the Export Preparedness Index (EPI) for States/UTs of India for the year 2022 will be released by NITI Aayog on July 17, 2023.
More about the News:
- The report provides an overview of India’s export performance in FY22 in the context of the global trade scenario and examines the performance of different sectors in terms of exports.
- It also emphasizes the importance of developing districts as export hubs in the country and presents a district-level analysis of merchandise exports in the country.
About Export Preparedness Index (EPI):
- The Export Preparedness Index (EPI) is a comprehensive tool that assesses the export preparedness of the States and UTs in India.
- The index conducts a comprehensive analysis of States and UTs across export-related parameters to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- The methodology for the index is an evolving process that constantly incorporates stakeholder feedback.
- To provide a comprehensive and objective assessment of the export preparedness of the states and UTs, as well as to highlight their achievements and best practices.
- To foster a spirit of competitive federalism among the states and UTs.
- To enhance cooperation between them and the Centre, to achieve sustainable economic growth and development for India.
Export Preparedness Index (EPI), a comprehensive tool that assesses the export preparedness of the States and UTs in India, is prepared by:
(a) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
(b) NITI Aayog
(c) National Statistics Office (NSO)
(d) Reserve Bank of India