Kari Ishad Mango
2023 JUN 15
Agriculture > Crops > GI Tags
Why in news?
- The Kari Ishad mango has bagged the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
About Kari Ishad Mango:
- The Kari Ishad mango is grown in Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka.
- It is accepted as one of the finest quality mangoes due to its unique aroma, luscious taste, and high amount of pulp, shape, and size.
- Each panicle usually bears one fruit. The fruit has a short shelf life of about five days.
- It has two variants:
- Kari Ishad, which has thin skin, more pulp and is sweeter
- Bili Ishad, which has thick skin and less pulp and sweetness
GI tags : States
1. Kari Ishad Mango : Karnataka
2. Gulbarga Toor Dal : Odisha
3. Kandhamal Haldi : Bihar
How many of the pairs given above is/are correct?
(a) Only one
(b) Only two
(c) All three