Meghnaghat power plant
International Relations > India and Neighbours > India-Bangladesh
- Reliance Power and Japanese energy major JERA have inked a pact with a group of banks for full financing, totalling USD 642 million for their new Meghnaghat thermal power project in Bangladesh.
About the powerplant:
- It is a new 745 MW natural gas combined-cycle power project in Meghnaghat in Bangladesh.
- The electricity generated will be sold under a long-term power purchase agreement with the Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB).
- Reliance Power said, with this loan agreement, all major contracts required for the development of the project have been completed.
- A combined-cycle power plant uses both a gas and a steam turbine together to produce up to 50 percent more electricity from the same fuel than a traditional simple-cycle plant.
- The waste heat from the gas turbine is routed to the nearby steam turbine, which generates extra power.
Meghnaghat power plant, recently in news, is located in:
Answer to prelims question