2023 APR 12
Economic Development > Indian Economy and Issues > GI Tags
Why in news?
- Mircha rice of Bihar’s West Champaran has been awarded the GI tag.
About Mircha Rice:
- Mircha rice is grown in West Champaran District, Bihar.
- The size and shape of the grain appear like that of black pepper, hence, it is known as Mircha or Marcha Rice.
- The grains and flakes of this rice have a unique aroma that makes it different.
- This rice is famous for its aroma, palatability and its aromatic chura (rice flakes) making qualities.
- The cooked rice is fluffy, non-sticky, sweet and easily digestible with a popcorn-like aroma.
Consider the following pairs:
1. Mircha Rice : Punjab
2. Kaji Nemu : Assam
3. Idu Mishmi Textiles : Arunachal Pradesh
4. Khola Chilli. : Goa
Which of the pairs given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2,3 and 4 only
(c) 1,2 and 4 only
(d) 1 and 4 only