Pradhan Mantri Aadi Adarsh Gram Yojana
2022 JUN 22
Social Justice > Welfare Schemes > Tribal affairs
Why in news?
- The Union Tribal Affairs Minister announced inclusion of villages of Kalahandi in the new Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana.
About Pradhan Mantri Aadi Adarsh Gram Yojana:
- Launched by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs for faster development of tribal villages.
- It will help in the convergence and coordination of various schemes (similar to Adarsh Gram Yojana).
- It will also allow convergence with Aspirational district programmes in the tribal districts of the country.
About Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY)
- It is a rural development program launched in 2009–10 for the development of villages with more than 50% of the population belonging to the scheduled castes through the convergence of central and state schemes and the allocation of financial funding on a per village basis.
Pradhan Mantri Aadi Adarsh Gram Yojana was launched under which of the following ministries?
(a) Ministry of Rural Development
(b) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
(c) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
(d) Ministry of Panchayati Raj