Shri Ambabai Temple
2022 NOV 3
Art and Culture > Architecture > Temple architecture
Why in news?
- A 12th-century inscription in Sanskrit carved on the stone wall of the Shri Ambabai Mahalaxmi temple at Kolhapur has shed more light on the rich heritage of the temple.
About Shri Ambabai Temple:
- The temple is located on the banks of the Panchganga river in Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
- It is one of the Shakthi Peeths mentioned in Hindu Puranas
- According to the written records, the history of the Kolhapur Mahalakshmi Temple dates back to the Chalukya period 550 AD to 660 AD.
Consider the following statements regarding Shri Ambabai Mahalakshmi Temple:
1. The temple is located on the banks of the Panchganga river
2. It was built by Chalukyas
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2